Sunday 1 March 2009

Current Ramblings

Been a while since I did this. Let's see, where to begin?

As always, I'm going slightly mad. I'm also quoting songs a lot. I've given up my first name for lent so I'm going to be none as McBain, Spoon, Donkey and some other names that I don't think I'll put up here. It should be interesting to see how things work out when I'm introducing myself to new people until Easter.

I'm also a little worried about the functioning of my brain. Even though one of my classes this semester is all about the brain and its functioning, that's not why I'm worried. I'm worried because I have just finished watching Amélie and accidentally let slip a little french into conversation. It wasn't much, but it was enough to make me think that my brain is reprogramming its standard operating language. Who knows, maybe I could watch hundreds of foreign language films to the point where the immersion in various languages lets me speak them? That would be a little freaky.

No comments: